Impact being that a generation of teens learned everything...

When did you discover Loveline? How has it helped you?

Impact being that a generation of teens learned everything...

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Impact being that a generation of teens learned everything about sex and sexual psychology that their friends, parents, pastors couldn't supply. The scope and quality of the information and humor the show provided really helped create a legion of young people better able to deal with those difficult teen years and onward.

Personally, they helped crystalize a lot of murky information for me, about sex and relationships and life. I like to think that my judgements and instincts are now aligned with an educated consensus provided by Adam and Drew.

On a less abstract note, just being a teenage male and being able to hear Adam drone on shamelessly about his masturbatory habits must be super liberating--I know when I was young (80's), I felt really guilty and could never admit doing it to anyone. And I think before Loveline, unless you had super hippie parents or something, that was the way it was when it came to frank sex talk.

The other huge lesson Loveline taught me was about sexual abuse victims, it's surprising prevalence, and the predictability of its effects on behavior.

Return to Personal Stories