How is Anderson so quick with the drops?

Topic How is Anderson so quick with the drops?

Home Community General Talk About Loveline How is Anderson so quick with the drops?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elpueblo
    Participant
    2 pts

Anyone ever worked in radio or engineering/recording that can maybe tell how Anderson finds the drops so quickly especially when they are so relevant to the conversation (which is pretty much 100% of the time). All these years later and this still blows my mind. Could it be a search bar he enters keywords into? It’s hard to imagine them all laid out on a monitor since there’s so many. I’d love to hear some theories or hopefully a solid answer. Thanks

#37676 Score: 1
    pastahero
    5 pts

One time he meant to play a “dick” drop (“He’s a dick” or something) and instead played Dickie from the Bosstones doing his “WAAAAH” scream. So whatever the machine was, it must have had a lot of buttons with alphabetized labels. He went for “dick” and accidentally hit “Dickie.”

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #37731 Score: 0
    Passtschon
    Participant

This is a great question, I’ve always wondered this myself. He was so good at it!

#72292 Score: 0

I’ve often pondered this same question—it’s excellent. He had a remarkable skill for it!

#72979 Score: 0
    PrimeElectric
    Participant

Has anyone with experience in radio, engineering, or recording ever wondered how Anderson quickly finds relevant drops during conversations? It’s mind-boggling how he does it every time. Could he use a search bar with keywords, or are all the drops laid out on a monitor? With so many drops, it’s hard to imagine. Share your theories or insights. Thanks!”

#73477 Score: 0
    unclepenny
    1 pt
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.