The #1 thing that can be done is…

Topic The #1 thing that can be done is…

Home Community Wish List The #1 thing that can be done is…

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

.. to keep the site catalog updated with what Gio has been releasing. There are still shows here that were relased months ago on Gio’s podcast that are still not up on LLT. This is the biggest flaw with this site is that it is not kept up to date with all the recent shows that are being released. There are seven admins here and no one can do it? Not like it’s time consuming it it’s kept up with; download the show from Gio’s podcast site and upload it here. Takes a few minutes, so why isn’t this being done by anyone?

It’s extremely difficult to find shows on Gio’s podcast site due to an inept search function there and it’s impossible to search for shows by date. Even if you punch in GLL episode 500, it shows you tons of results, but none are of the show you actually asked for. This site is supposed to be the ultimate archive and it should be kept up to date with what’s been released. I would even bet there are still shows from when classic loveline was a podcast on Podcast1 years ago that are still not up on here and are not available anywhere. If you didn’t get them when they first dropped, you’ll probably have a really hard time finding them. Even shows from a couple months ago will be difficult to find on Gio’s site.

Anyway, sorry if i come across a little miffed, but it’s incredible to me that this still hasn’t been addressed. It’s as if no one cares about keeping this site up to date with new shows. The site looks great by the way. Great job! However, until there is a concerted effort to keep this site’s content up to date (which is the heart and soul of the site; the content, not the appearance), it will continue to be an outdated source of content which lowers it’s value which is a shame because there’s been so much effort and work done on the CLL front over the years and to have this site lagging so far behind in the only way that really matters is extremely disappointing.

Much appreciated for all the work that’s been done so far!

Edit: I would volunteer to do some of this if not for two things:

1.) I downgrade the audio quality significantly because a) there’s no noticable difference in quality down to a certain point (it’s only talk radio) and b) the file size is cut in half or more while sounding pretty much the same as before. I edit the shows myself as I listen, so most of the non-loveline content is removed.

2.) I would be happy to download the shows again in their original, inflated quality and upload them here if it wasn’t such a chore to find them again. As I said above, it’s pretty much impossible to find many released shows again and finding them on Gio’s site is way too time consuming and tedious due to the broken search function. I assume most people who download these shows do not down encode them like I do and would still have them in the higher quality.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Sessh.
    #34514 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

Yes, this is on my list of things to do.

It hasn’t been addressed because this site doesn’t pay very well ($0) compared to other work, and I have bills I need to pay. My intention certainly is to make this site the ultimate archive, but there are only so many hours in the day and I have priorities.

One could help by providing me with a list of the shows that need to be added here, perhaps along with links to these shows on Gio’s site. Or perhaps @Giovanni already has these shows all lined up and ready for me to add?

#34515 Score: 1
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

I lose about 2500-3000 a month working on this, if you want to say shitty things or tell me how bad everything is, simply stop.

Your post is shitty Mr. sesh, nobody will be touching my audio and reposting it here, not happening, you’re not going to turn my recordings into mono trash, got it?

It takes over 15-25 minutes to add a date/post and add a file here. Understand that? I’ve tried to add stuff recently only to pass out at my desk.

Ideally this site will have everything, it’s going to take me another 7-15+ years to finish it all, if I was doing just one show per day it would take 42+ years. Jeff has a life, full time commitments, he loses money keeping this around, sticking his neck out.
    Unclepenny has been out of the game for almost 5 years again with life commitments and being an adult, I work on this daily, hourly.

It’s not all the same audio, it’s not just talk radio, if you want crappy audio, Google it, it’s plentiful.

If you don’t understand why an episode comes up online in a search engine but is no longer available ask someone or listen to my intros that explain everything, why do we have to wipe your ass for you?

Your entitled post is not helpful in the least, go listen to my work stepped on elsewhere if you hate this place and my Podcast so much.

I work on this shit 16-18+ hrs a day, who the F are you talking to? I don’t have time to take a piss, literally. I eat once every 18-24hrs to remaster and try and share this stuff.

Spit in my face, in Jeff’s face.

If someone wants to add my new remastered shows here and has the time to upload them as is, great we should probably get some assistance.

#34516 Score: 1
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

Classic Loveline released CLL 6-700+, they shut down, none of that content is on my site. So the broken search function you keep mentioning is the same default WordPress search used here on LLT, you’re searching for things never on my site, genius.

I kept the remastering going after they stopped releasing due to listeners like you and a few other reasons. My site is just a stop gap measure to keep the plates spinning, it’s not a repository.

It was actually custom made by a guy who charges over 10k, for free as a kindness, so thanks for shitting on his work too, should I forward this to him so he also feels bad like I do?

LLT will have all my work and more, eventually. I wish you knew how insulting you are, if you had any idea you’d apologize and make things right.

How many hours of your life have you spent remastering a show so I could enjoy it while you willingly lived in poverty well beyond when you had to just to keep me entertained?

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Giovanni.
    #34518 Score: 0
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

@Spinfly
    Hey, great that it’s at least on the radar. However, am I to infer from your post that you don’t have a personal archive and would have to download them all again? When I get time again, I could certainly go through the shows here and compare them to my archive which is complete up to the day and make a list of shows that are missing for you. Finding them on Gio’s site is harder because I don’t sort the shows by #, but by date. I’ll work on that soon.

@Gio

1. I see you still have the same shitty attitude you had 12 years ago. I wasn’t “shitting” on anyone and certainly not you nor would I expect you to do the updating of this site as well as everything else you do.

2. I didn’t say I was going to post anything and I do not encode in “mono”; all is in joint stereo, just a lower bitrate. You used to encode shows in mono yourself which I put into stereo myself. The Drew Boogie on several shows is messed up because of this since the drops in the Boogie switch channels frequently. Half the drops are missing from some of them and I doubt it’s like that on the tape. I had to fix those, too. It doesn’t happen as often as it used to, though.

3. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this place already. I did say that, maybe you missed it.

4. It is talk radio. That’s when people talk the whole time and that’s also what Loveline is.

5. I wasn’t searching in a search engine; I was searching on your site for shows you already put on there. I was referring to the ones that were on the PodcastOne site for awhile some time ago. No one has to wipe my ass for me. I’ve had a bidet for years, but thanks for your concern about the cleanliness of my asshole.

6. I don’t hate this place or your podcast, but thanks for putting words in my mouth to give you something ficticious to bitch about. Who’s stepping on your work? You’re the only one releasing these shows, right? You’re the one making the (well deserved) two grand a month for your work collecting and re-releasing content that you had nothing to do with creating, right? You’re fortunate WW1 is even allowing that and so are we. Why you bitch so much about the life you chose to live is beyond me. I’ve listened to your intros and how you complain about everything, call people who don’t give you money “jerks” and you even call $1 donators “cheap” on your Patreon page. You were one of three sites I was supporting via Amazon, but I’ll be reconsidering that now.

7. I’m talking to whoever reads this. It’s a “Wish List” section. Also, if you can’t set aside 10 minutes every few hours to eat something, that’s also not my fault. Nowhere did I say I didn’t appreciate the work you’ve done and I wasn’t even really directing any of my post at you since I realize you do enough already, but also not surprised to see you take something personally and go off on some bullshit tangent either. Same shit you did all those years ago and imagining shit like that I’m “spitting” in anyone’s face. Only one spitting here is you.

8. Yes, assistance is what I was eluding to. Why waste all that time you could have spent eating something spitting venom all over the place at imaginary foes? You could have just skipped to the end where the sensible stuff is.

9. Okay, didn’t know that and thought it was an alternate repository for the remastered stuff to some degree. Not sure how I should have “known” this. No need to be condescending, but not sure you know how to not do that. I and everyone else is grateful that you kept going after that site shut down.

10. You sure do talk about shit and shitting on people a lot. Calling people jerks and “uncool” for not giving you money and calling $1 donators “cheap” on your Patreon page is shitting on people, though. I’ve never seen another Patreon page do that.

11. Apologize for what? Everything you said here was far more insulting than anything I said. Name calling, condescension and imagining things that aren’t actually real and using those things as a reason to attack someone. Spinfly replied without all that, why can’t you?

12. You spent all those hours, this is true and we wouldn’t have these shows without it. However, you chose to dedicate your life to this and all that came with it. Stop bitching about it. No one forced you. People give you a lot of money for your work and, once again, it is well deserved. Get off the cross and stop being a dick to people because of what you chose to do with your life. We all appreciate what you do.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Sessh.
    #34523 Score: -1
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

..and because I do listen to the intros, I heard it and I heard you completely exaggerate most of what I said. I didn’t say your site sucks, I said the search function doesn’t allow to search by date. Shows have always been labeled by date since the beginning and now, they are labeled by number which makes things much harder to find. It’s always been organized by date. That was my point.

Second, I don’t use 16k mono like I said even though you continue to repeat that I do nor did I say that and I most certainly DO notice a huge difference between those “tin can” recordings and the ones we have now. My recordings do not sound anything like that and for the second time, I use Joint Stereo (which is better than Stereo and miles better than Mono) and nowhere near 16k which is pathetic quality. Again, you don’t read what is said and choose to exaggerate and imagine things that weren’t said instead. Yes, it’s the same stuff you did in the past. My shows don’t sound like shit. I play them side by side to make sure the quality is the same and it is. There are plenty of “192k” recordings that sound like 32k. For the most part, shows can only sound as good as the quality of the tapes they come from. Most of the shit you claim I said here I never said. I NEVER said you called people “cheap mfers” and I would ask you to find where I said that please.

Third, the first person to say anything ‘nasty” here was you. It wasn’t me nor did I directly address you. I didn’t imply “laziness” and said I appreciate everything you and everyone else has done on this show. It is just hard to understand why help hasn’t been recruited to update the site as there are plenty of people (like me) that would like to help in any way they can. I wasn’t nasty in my post and even said sorry if I sounded a little miffed. I said I appreciated all work done so far (and I do) and I am willing to help get the site updated with new shows any way I can.

If you didn’t want to get “nasty”, then you shouldn’t have come in here guns blazing cussing me out over shit I didn’t even say. I have no desire to continue arguing with you, Gio. Feel free to continue coming here. I would never go out of my way to talk to you or anyone here like that nor would I then go and lie about what was said, but I won’t sit back and take it either. All you had to do was reply in a civil way like any other adult and I would have responded in kind. If you didn’t want a “nasty” reply, then don’t be nasty in the first place.

So, Gio, let’s just consider this a done conversation then? I would really like to help get this site up to date even if it’s just compiling a list of shows that need to be added. You said there’s shows that can’t be added (the PodcastOne shows), so let me know what dates those shows span and I will exclude them from any such list. If you don’t want my help, that’s fine too and I just won’t use the forums anymore.

Again, you ARE appreciated and anyone that listens to CLL knows who Superfan Giovanni is. I do what I do for fun and enjoyment just like you do and I have supported you VIA your website. Offsetting losses, whatever, you’re still getting money and support from fans to help you in your cause and you deserve ALL of it.

This post has received 1 vote down.
    #35558 Score: 1
    proudcdnguy
    9 pts

To follow up on this lively thread, I’ve been adding some new .mp3 files from the batch of CLL episodes I downloaded as they were released. You should be able to do a search for “New .mp3 added!” to see the shows that have been recently added (over the past 4-5 months).

I will continue to do so as a contribution to this very worthy project. Unfortunately, uploading directly to the WordPress site is extremely slow and can take up 5-7 minutes per episode (100 MB+) which makes the process a lengthy one. But in the mean time, I also create show pages to fill in the gaps where none exist. If the episode is missing from the archive, at least a placeholder page exists in the event that more lost episodes are discovered.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by proudcdnguy.
    #35730 Score: 2
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

Thanks, I appreciate the hard work!

This post has received 2 votes up.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.