Loveline “Drop-less” timespans?

Topic Loveline “Drop-less” timespans?

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Loveline “Drop-less” timespans?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lucifer
    Participant

Where I’m at right now is a really drop-heavy era for loveline (summer 2001), I think. And it got me thinking if anyone’s roughly mapped out when Anderson was told not to do drops and shows for the longest stretch wouldn’t have drops in them. I know he and Adam have talked about it at times (Adam on Loveline and Anderson on the After Disaster). But I’ve never really kept track. Anyone have any idea when those spans of dropless shows where?

#40140 Score: 0
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

Roughly early 2001, January and February.

Then again in early 2002, once again January and February, at least 2, possibly 3 stretches. Adam had to back him up and you can hear a sheepish Anderson thank Adam at the end of an episode in regards to the off air battle against Westwood One and their various edicts, gotta justify the Program Director getting a new annual Porsche.

During the Adam and Anderson era there are 5 or less stretches where drops were toned down, I think it’s at most 4 total.

#40145 Score: 0
    iowaandy
    Participant

I feel like the 2002 stretch is REALLY long. Like, at least twice the 2001 stretch. Might have to map it out!

#41847 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

There were virtually drop-free periods every August when Anderson spent a week or two at the Ronald McDonald camp. Engineer Ken knew a couple of drops but he was no Liberace.

Anderson was also absent much more often than usual in 2004. I have a feeling his drug use became a problem that year. It’s just a hunch.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by pastahero.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by pastahero.
    #42164 Score: 0
    CallerYan
    Participant
    1 pt

In 2001 it starts around mid-Jan. Adam addresses it briefly in #1388 1/23/2001. Callers make fun of program director for telling Anderson to stop the drops.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.