30lbs of new Cassettes are on the way

Topic 30lbs of new Cassettes are on the way

Home Community General Talk About Loveline 30lbs of new Cassettes are on the way

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

These are fan made tapes, they are part of our archive and the official archive, I will share them here but if they’re ever needed I will patch them into the official versions.

Should be 170 tapes from 98-99, some full shows, most are fan made “best of” so there is going to be a lot of a partial shows, to either patch up old recording or to just add some dates to fill out the years.

I probably won’t be doing these at my breakneck pace of 12-15 tapes per day due to not being able to slip into more debt by not going to work, but I should be able to crank out 3-5 per day.

Probably take about 45 days to share them all, going to be lots of new stuff none of us have heard in 14-15 years, fingers crossed for fart lighting!

#11539 Score: 0
    Participant

3-5 a DAY is still pretty impressive. thanks

#11540 Score: 0
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

Yeah 3-5 per day is faster than any other known transfer system, the guys before me would put out 1 every 6 months as they sat around and enjoyed it and spent 5min per week thinking about the possible date while other fans just waited with nothing, I’m the best for sure and my slowest is faster than anyone before me.

#11541 Score: 0
    davevsdave
    Participant

Nice! I can’t wait to hear them!

#11542 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

Awesome.

Did EVERYONE use those red Maxell UR tapes in the late 90’s?

#11543 Score: 0
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

@spinfly wrote:

Awesome.

Did EVERYONE use those red Maxell UR tapes in the late 90’s?

Over 80% of the tapes are indeed those, JBJ had some great custom orange covers he whipped up but his tapes were those as well, it might even be like 90%.
    Then there are the official KROQ tapes, the black HQ taps with higher quality builds, some other random brands with transparent plastic and oddly a lot of old “church” tapes, solid white with sermons and songs, from many different states and sources, at least 3-4 of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.