I got into Loveline after my brother got into Opie...

When did you discover Loveline? How has it helped you?

I got into Loveline after my brother got into Opie...

Postby blueskylark » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I got into Loveline after my brother got into Opie and Anthony on the New York City K-Rock. I tried to get into it, but I was more into Ron and Fez, the show came after it. After Ron and Fez came Loveline. Now, the thing about NY K-Rock is that I lived 90 min. north of the city and it didn't come in very clear there. I had to use my dad's radio/flashlight (he got it as an unwanted Christmas gift) because it had an antenna and it could pick up the station more easily when I adjusted it. Eventually the antenna broke in half and I made an extension out of a wire coat hanger. Not the classiest thing in the world, but I'd be damned if I didn't get my Loveline fix.

When I went to college, I downloaded episodes of Loveline onto my iPod. I studied abroad in Spain one summer and that's what I listened to when I missed listening to English.

The one thing I wish I hadn't learned from Loveline is that I learned not to trust guys at all in high school. Adam's insight into the darker aspects of the male mind made me doubt their intentions. I wish I could have a been a little more naive so I could have fallen in love without wondering about a guy's ulterior motives. Adam's increasingly misogynistic rants also contributed to it. I prefer the episodes before he was married because of this.

But I still download the Adam episodes and listen to them. I still love them. I just fast forward through the sexist parts.
blueskylark

Re: I got into Loveline after my brother got into Opie...

Postby mrblondegk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:14 pm

If you think Adam is a sexist then you really don't get it. Relax.
mrblondegk

Return to Personal Stories