Old Archive of Shows circa 2006

Topic Old Archive of Shows circa 2006

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Old Archive of Shows circa 2006

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tjmower

So I’m new hear, blah blah blah. I’ve been listening to Loveline since 1997, and used to listen religiously during the Adam era, as I worked a midnight shift for a long time during those years. I’ve listened to a lot of the Classic show podcasts since Giovanni started the podcast, until now (and hopefully again).

Back around 2006 when Adam quit the show, I found an archive that someone had put together online. This was before the widespread popularity of podcasts. I used to download the shows from this dude’s archive and listen to them while working. It was my first introduction to the podcast type listening. I had a Dell personal pad thing that I used to read ebooks and listen to mp3s on, it was big and bulky and not as nice as the ipods I eventually came to use.

This archive was extensive. It lasted for about a year after Adam quit, during the Stryker era. Then the guy shut it down and stopped recording shows because he didn’t like Stryker. And I don’t blame him. The website went away and I was without my Adam era shows. Then eventually they took LL off the air in Detroit and I couldn’t listen for years until they started free podcasting again.

Anyways, I’ve always wondered if this guys shows ended up as part of this archive. Don’t remember his name, but it was a lot of recordings. So, I’m asking. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.