KINDA OF A LOT TO ASK BUT HOPEFULLY YOU CAN ACCOMMODATE ME

Topic KINDA OF A LOT TO ASK BUT HOPEFULLY YOU CAN ACCOMMODATE ME

Home Community Help Me Find… KINDA OF A LOT TO ASK BUT HOPEFULLY YOU CAN ACCOMMODATE ME

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joeg1981

I was wondering if by some chance i could mail one of the admin guys a huge USB drive and if they could somehow download all of the loveline episodes and mail it back to me?? I would mail you the USB drive and a return envelope with the postage paid for of course…all you would have to do it download the episodes, put in back on the envelope and put the envelope in the post office box….i know its kind of allot to ask but i thought i would give it a shot.

#11899 Score: 0
    Jer

This is a bit of a tricky question.

The fan recordings on LovelineTapes are available for anyone to listen and download. If you have the time and energy, you can individual grab the recordings yourself, then make sure everything is properly labeled for your collection. Sad to say, because of bandwidth issues, the site does not allow massive downloading from a user (within good reason). I guess this method would take you an enormous amount of time.

There “was” a private torrent out there with the full archive, but even if you gain access to it, you are looking at 109 GB. That does not include the majority of Classic Loveline releases, which a lot are not covered in the community archive. This of course only covers from 1986 to 2005. If you want 2006 to 2016, it gets quite a bit more complex in getting the recordings. I know since I am currently taking on that task.

Bottom line.. Asking for a full collection of a radio show where a bunch of people have put in countless hours trying to archive, is quite different than making a request on a torrent site. You are practically asking people to just hand over all their hard work for free, just because you want it. In reality.. Put in the work yourself. If you need help patching holes (as all of us do), ask us and we might be able to swing a show or two your way.

I believe posts like these are the reason why people are annoyed by the torrents existing.

If I hear you correctly, you are looking for someone to hand over an estimated 500GB worth of content. Good luck with that.

#11900 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

When I first read the OP’s request, I hated it. But, now that I’ve had time to chew on it a bit I see that maybe it isn’t so bad.

This site has hit a wall. Giovanni’s is…well, I’m not sure what’s going on over there. Now that I’m thinking about it, I personally feel that if someone could combine all the shows from the Adam/Drew era wrapped up in one torrent for all of us to enjoy might not be such a horrible thing. I’m not expecting it, I doubt it would ever happen, but were such a torrent to exist my love of LL would have me seeding it more often than not.

#11901 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

The problem with torrents is that they are static files. There are constantly new recordings filling in missing dates and new files that replace recordings with lesser quality.

That said, a torrent is not something I want to maintain. Building this site and providing the best recordings of each show as they are discovered in an organized fashion is good enough, and already enough work for me. If someone else wants to create a torrent, feel free.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.