Just Found This Place!

Topic Just Found This Place!

Home Community Personal Stories Just Found This Place!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ddumas1008
    Participant
    1 pt

I just found this place and couldn’t be happier. I used to listen to loveline on WNEW in NY in the early 2000’s. During that time Loveline went on and off in the air in New York and switched stations a few times (I think). For whatever reason I couldn’t find it all the time but I did my best to tune in when I could, sitting up late at night with my radio down low so I could hear without annoying my parents and waking them up.

During that time I used to record shows on cassette tape when I could and replay them for friends but unfortunately no one ever seemed to share my enjoyment of it nearly as much. My gf during that time would listen with me from time to time but I’m pretty sure she did it to humor me.

Sadly I have no idea what might have happened to the tapes I made- as time went on I lost track of them. Bummer. Thankfully a lot of those shows are here or in that giant torrent file I’ve seen kickin’ around the web for a few years. I remember listening live for Adam’s last show and being pretty devastated about it. I gave Stryker a try but the show, for me, has never been the same since.

Loveline really taught me a lot about how people are wired and why we do the things we do. To this day a lot of loveline phrases and lessons are woven into the way I speak and how I approach people or try to offer advice when asked.

My current gf caught me listening about a week ago and to my delight she wanted to listen with me. Victory at last.

Happy to have found this place- I love loveline and could never get enough of it- it’s great to know there are other people out there who love the show as much as I do.

#11818 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

Thanks for the comments. Enjoy! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.