Help Superfan Giovanni Organize Everything For Good

Topic Help Superfan Giovanni Organize Everything For Good

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Help Superfan Giovanni Organize Everything For Good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

So I need help with a lot of this work.

We are doing Classic Loveline, there are no hints that they will pull any files down, but RSS feeds can only hold at most 512kb of text, most podcasts tap out at about 150-200 episodes.
    We should be able to get them off the website forever but if there ever comes a time they’re not up they’ll either be for sale or possible to share here, but only with permission from the guys above me.

Until then we can link my intros, so if anyone wants to cut out the posted versions, they can upload the intros to the site to take up the date/slot for the episode, then we can use the link to the show page(the link you get when you share a podcastone mp3 on fb or twitter) you can just hit the tweet button and take that link without having an account or tweeting.

Then we can call tag, comment and everything else, preserving this hardcore Loveline fan community while supporting the official channels that are so gracious to let us co-exist.

I can post my show notes for each episode once we get pages up for all the released podcast one files.

Spinfly – I should probably email you but I want to try to use the board and be active and have super limited time, so if you could add slots to number the shows, production numbers are all but impossible but Unclepenny has a master list of 1-2365 of Adam’s episodes, we can use the same numbering as Classic LL and adjust it as needed for best of and other non original content.

I have about 300 folders with 12 segment Loveline files, they need to be compiled, the only way to do it without losing quality and the fastest is via MP3directcut, it’s a laborious and boring process.

I have 2600 tapes, 2000 are existing files I need to redo in pristine audio, 600 are fan made tapes with 10-30 clips from different shows per tape, the ultimate fan mixes.
    I have to transfer all of these but when I do the new 600 first, I’m going to need help organizing them, I don’t know how to do it other than to release the mixes in my http://feeds.feedburner.com/GioGetItOn RSS or put them all up on the other recording page here.

I have 4 case logic binders filled with CD’s from 2001-2005, they all need to be transferred too, that will be another 1000 shows broken up into 12 segments.

We need to use a universal naming and tagging scheme and I want to organize the collection so that we have the best sounding file for each night, if official is not available we use fan sourced and we all decide the best ones, edit together some Frankenstein complete versions for other shows.

We need to lock off each year, maybe work backwards from 2005, I have about 4-5 recordings for each show from 2001-2005 and some are higher grade than found here on LLT.

Also we have to be willing to let Podcastone use any of this stuff, not that they want to or will but if needed I think it’s more than fair that we all work with them and help them get us all these old files, this is the only website they haven’t shutdown afterall.

There are a bunch more things we need to do, or I do if nobody wants to help and I’ll post and refine them in this thread, feel free to add anything you want to do or suggest or get me to help with, vice versa.

Each day the tapes degrade even further and the CD’s get closer to becoming corrupted(crappy burned CD’s), We’re running out of time and I’ve finally acquired too much work even for me.

#11594 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

So what is it you need me to do, exactly?

* Provide a way to link to the official Classic Loveline version for each show?
    * Create a field on the site to store “official” show IDs?

Anything else?

#11595 Score: 0
    hm2
    Participant

i would love to help in any way i can… the classic loveline podcast is amazing and you are amazing for getting it together giovanni!

#11596 Score: 0
    Giovanni
    Participant
    8 pts

Yeah Spinly, if a user can cut the opening intro from each CLL, no content from the show and use that as the “place holder” we can then put the link up to the full show and write note about it like all the other episodes, so this place remains the best resource for information, even for the shows we don’t host, no reason to treat those shows like they don’t exist, just saves you money on bandwidth anyway.

The intros are to keep my stuff on the site, it’s just the only part of the CLL that won’t be an issue to have hosted and it would allow for you create a page for said shows.

Everything else that needs to be done is just listening and tagging files to where they belong to re-edit old clips

#11597 Score: 0
    spinfly
    Keymaster
    7 pts

Added fields for official show links and gave unclepenny instructions for them.

Let me know if there’s anything else that needs to be done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.