Classic Loveline gone from PodcastOne?

Topic Classic Loveline gone from PodcastOne?

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Classic Loveline gone from PodcastOne?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    themiddle
    Participant

It’s saying “This content is no longer available.” Am I the only one getting this or is there a place I can still get the episodes?

#11875 Score: 0
    tjmower

I took this from the fb page:

“Update on the podcast situation (which might be a lot bigger of a situation than just podcasts).
    A listener took the time to directly contact PodcastOne. The response they received was generic, but is as follows : “Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have been forced to remove Loveline and Classic Loveline from our lineup of great podcasts. In response to this issue, we intend on launching Adam & Drew, five days a week per the request of their fans.”
    Two things have sparked this to occur. First, PodcastOne is beginning to transition their programming to mostly Adam Carolla shows, and celebrity driven podcasts. In an effort to show this on the business end, PodcastOne has signed a huge 5 year deal with Adam Carolla, which would be a good indicator as to why they are replacing the Loveline content with new content from Drew and the past co-host.
    Meanwhile, CBS Radio, who is the parent company for the radio station KROQ (Loveline’s home station), is in the middle of a business transition of their own. CBS stock in regards to split divisions are down, causing them to consider selling their radio division to another company.”

#11876 Score: 0
    chekhonte
    Participant

Crap!

This is about as bad as when adam left the first show. I’m glad LLtapes is still around. I hope I don’t break your servers.

#11877 Score: 0
    themiddle
    Participant

Thanks for the reply tjmower. At least the episodes are back available here on LLT.

#11878 Score: 0
    hee-haw

How can we access the “teaser shows” in full? Many shows end at one minute and thirty seconds. How do we get the full show if the podcast is unavailable?
    This is important: This is my therapy because I cannot obtain counseling.

#11879 Score: 0
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

So, I guess all the shows uploaded to the podcast are not going to be put on LLT? We won’t have access to the newer shows now?

#11880 Score: 0
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

I guess this means then that the Lovelinetapes movement is dead in the water. No access to the new shows, no answers from anyone and the fans get the rug pulled out from under them. Sad. 🙁

#11881 Score: 0
    hee-haw

Check Patreon.com, that seems to work.

#11882 Score: 1
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

Well, it seems Gio is still putting up new shows on his site. Why he didn’t advertise it here is beyond me since he had a hand in making this site happen. I don’t get why this site isn’t being updated with the new shows, either. Isn’t that what this site is here for so people don’t have to go running all over the internet looking for them? Seems kind of silly, but here’s the link.

http://superfangiovanni.com/category/giopodcast/

Can’t someone upload the shows to LLT so we don’t have a fragmented online archive of shows where some of them are here, some are there, some are who knows where? Things have gotten a bit sloppy since the CLL Podcast first went up on PodcastOne. First, we just get partial shows here. Now, we don’t get them at all. I really hope we can start using this site as the library for ALL recovered shows and not just some of them.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #11883 Score: 0
    steveh131

@Sessh wrote:

Well, it seems Gio is still putting up new shows on his site. Why he didn’t advertise it here is beyond me since he had a hand in making this site happen. I don’t get why this site isn’t being updated with the new shows, either. Isn’t that what this site is here for so people don’t have to go running all over the internet looking for them? Seems kind of silly, but here’s the link.

http://superfangiovanni.com/category/giopodcast/

Have you found any way to listen to anything but his most recent podcasts?

I really regret not archiving all of them from the CLL podcast now 🙁

#11884 Score: 0
    Jer

Obviously I cannot speak for Gio, but I believe the lack of transferring shows over to this website is due to security reasons in regards to the material. CBS Radio technically owns the rights to anything under the Loveline name. Since they cared enough to randomly pull the plug on podcasts, there is a bit of paranoia about what would happen if people became more upfront about sharing episodes. LovelineTapes is a well known Loveline site. They can easily do a Google search, find the site, and notice that people are not only actively sharing shows, but taking over something that they own. I know.. It sounds really childish and silly, but that is how people’s minds work. They want nothing to do with the material until they notice other people are interested.

By Gio doing this on his own, the visibility goes away, and he doesn’t have to worry about some unwanted people knocking at his virtual door, telling him that he must stop archiving and posting episodes. To my knowledge, he is not doing all of this just to share it with everyone. The podcasts are just so other people can listen to it, as well as know the material does still exist. The bigger picture involves having one complete archive.

#11885 Score: 1
    Sessh
    Participant
    9 pts

Obviously I cannot speak for Gio, but I believe the lack of transferring shows over to this website is due to security reasons in regards to the material. CBS Radio technically owns the rights to anything under the Loveline name. Since they cared enough to randomly pull the plug on podcasts, there is a bit of paranoia about what would happen if people became more upfront about sharing episodes. LovelineTapes is a well known Loveline site. They can easily do a Google search, find the site, and notice that people are not only actively sharing shows, but taking over something that they own. I know.. It sounds really childish and silly, but that is how people’s minds work. They want nothing to do with the material until they notice other people are interested.

By Gio doing this on his own, the visibility goes away, and he doesn’t have to worry about some unwanted people knocking at his virtual door, telling him that he must stop archiving and posting episodes. To my knowledge, he is not doing all of this just to share it with everyone. The podcasts are just so other people can listen to it, as well as know the material does still exist. The bigger picture involves having one complete archive.

Maybe. I mean, that kind of stuff happened a lot in the past with sites being taken down and the project having to be underground, but it hasn’t been that way since this site went up. I assume the podcasts were taken down due to not being profitable for them since they probably didn’t get a whole lot of downloads or generate much revenue. I think the podcasts were their attempt to profit off of the popularity of these old shows and it failed, so now it’s back to the old fashioned way. If anyone cared about this site, it would have been taken down a long time ago since there’s more than enough shows on here to ruffle some feathers if they gave a shit about it, ya know? The sites distributing shows in the underground era had far less shows than this site has archived, so they were axed for far less. It’s always possible this is a factor now, but it just doesn’t seem all that likely. I could be wrong, though.

Gio was the only one updating this site with new shows and having a complete online archive was the point of this site in the first place. Maybe he just wants all the glory for himself now? Who knows, but if not to share it with people who love the show, then what’s the point? The bigger picture you described was the whole point of this project since day one as far as I know. At this rate, there will be very few people who will have a complete archive and it will be just as fragmented online as it was during the underground era. The majority of the shows from the podcast are still around somewhere. I’m sure some site has a backup of them, but I guess all I’m saying is that this site seems to have lost it’s usefulness halfway into the project with no real explanation and that’s a shame.

Anyway, I’m still glad we have access to the shows we do have so I’m not complaining too much, but it sucks for the people who depended on this site for new shows and missed hundreds of new additions that were debuted on the podcast that are now lost again. I hope that changes sometime in the future and that Gio or someone eventually updates this site, but he’s making money off these shows now VIA Patreon which could be dangerous; way more dangerous than this site since no one seems to be making a profit on anything here. If anything would ruffle feathers, it would be someone making money off of their property as opposed to just sharing it “Fair Use” style. It seems obvious what’s going on here and why this site has met this fate, but maybe it just seems that way? I don’t know anymore, man.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.