Bogus Caller Miriam?

Topic Bogus Caller Miriam?

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Bogus Caller Miriam?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I’m currently in the month of May 2003 and I’ve been reading a lot of comments about a particular prank caller called Miriam. Lots of aggression towards this girl, which is understandable. What I wanted to know is how do people know her name is Miriam? Does she come clean (or get busted) in a future episode? I was curious and wanted to know if anyone had an answer to this question.

Thank you.

#11802 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

She gets busted during the Interpol episode in June.

#11803 Score: 1
    accordion321
    Participant
    1 pt

I want to stick up and say Miriam is the best fake caller they ever had. Most bogus callers were people who just turned the show on and called in to ramble about nothing — and 80% of the time it was some guy claiming he boned his girlfriend’s mom, or a “my penis is too big to ride a bicycle” type announcement as Adam liked to call it. The no question, powering through a script, time-wasting bogus calls were just annoying. Miriam actually understood the show and responded like a normal caller, withholding information or getting emotional as appropriate. One of her finest moments was when she bickered with Adam about the difference between “having sex with three other people at the same time” and “a foursome,” and in the same call repeatedly referred to her grandfather as “my mother’s birth father” then refused to understand why that was a weird phrase requiring clarification when pressed on it. Those sorts of things are exactly the sort of handball-against-the-curtains stupidity that genuine callers engage in all the time, and Miriam is an acting genius for doing them in her prank persona when no one else ever did.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #11804 Score: 0
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    1 pt

I would love it if she got onto the Adam and Drew podcast as herself, to talk about her motivations, what she’s up to now, etc. I think she’s either an actress or a serial killer.

#11805 Score: 0
    Mattyboy
    Participant

I would love to hear from Miriam again. The girl who was supposed to give Adam a ride to the airport allegedly called into Kevin and Bean last week, so who knows. Maybe we will hear from her again some day

#11806 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

I personally know of one girl who bogus-called in to LL at least three times that I know about. She used her real name of Nina once, and made up a different fake name for the other two. Each time, she had Adam and Drew convinced, but she never convinced me of course because I knew who she was.

As to what Nina’s motivations were…this girl lied to so many people, so many times, about so many things that I doubt she even knows what the truth is any more. I mean, an occasional prank call to amuse your JO buddies I totally get. I never did that myself, but could see myself doing that if the circumstances were right. But, these habitual bogus callers that call in with seemingly real problems over and over again…I don’t get it. Probably never will.

I guess my point is that there are probably way more Miriams and way more Ninas in LL’s history than any of us realize.

#11807 Score: 0
    proudcdnguy
    9 pts

@AmishComputerUser wrote:

I personally know of one girl who bogus-called in to LL at least three times that I know about. She used her real name of Nina once, and made up a different fake name for the other two. Each time, she had Adam and Drew convinced, but she never convinced me of course because I knew who she was.

Do you have approximate dates as to when she would have called? It’d be interesting to see how convincing she was.

#11808 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

Well, on 12/6/2000 she called in. I left a comment there, stating…

I think I found a bogus call here…
    “Nina”, the 14 F with the little girl voice, sounds exactly like “Shannon”, 16 F who called in on 2/15/2000, 1:28:03

I heard her once again, but was driving my truck and didn’t make a note of the date and time. I should have.

She REALLY played up the little girl voice for her 12/6/2000, but she didn’t have me fooled. She was almost as big a fan of the show as I am, so she knew full well that’s how a female illicits sympathy from the hosts.

#33978 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

When I initially saw this post, I was relating the story of Nina because I didn’t know who Miriam was. Well, I heard Nina on an episode I was listening to yesterday…and Anderson cut her off, identifying her as Miriam.

Then, it all came together for me. Makes perfect sense. I can totally see Nina doing that. In fact, one of the deejays here in Tucson at KFMA who knew her commented that she called Loveline frequently.

So, I know in Loveline lore, she’s known as Miriam. But, her real name is Nina.

#33979 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

Oh, if Spinfly or someone other leader in the Loveline community wishes to know her last name and maybe how to get a hold of her, private message me.

#34767 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

Nina and Miriam are different people. I know voices, much better than Dr. Drew claims to. Besides which, Miriam (and/or her ‘characters’) mentioned living in Maryland. I’m certain of this.

#34814 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

May I ask how you’re certain?

As I said earlier in the thread, I recognized Nina’s voice, and Anderson said that was Miriam. I wasn’t going off Drew or Adam, just Anderson. Now, perhaps Anderson was wrong. But, I was just going on my knowledge that Nina was a serial bogus caller and Anderson said she was Miriam.

If I hear it again, I’ll be certain to note the date of the call. But, I was driving at the time* and alone so I didn’t have an opportunity to make a note of it.

* I always listen to Loveline while driving because Adam’s Lighting Round parodies of morning radio deejays is disturbingly accurate.

#35042 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

I know voices. Theirs are superficially similar but not the same. Nina isn’t altering hers very much and speaks in a normal cadence. Miriam’s is breathy and her delivery is halting; it’s very affected. (Listen to Miriam’s call on 2003-06-04, early in the show.) The timeline doesn’t make sense either. Nina makes occasional bogus calls in 2000, takes a 2 year break, moves from AZ to MD and then calls at least once a week in early 2003? Unless Anderson somehow remembers what numbers they called from, he’s just making a judgment call.

#35044 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

May I ask how you know Miriam is from Maryland? I don’t remember any location for her ever being mentioned…or Nina, for that matter.

#35046 Score: 0
    AmishComputerUser
    Participant
    5 pts

2001-10-09 is another Nina call. She got on during the lightning round, going by her middle name of Danielle. As she always did, she REALLY played up the little girl voice for her LL call.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.