Best Episode to Introduce Someone to Classic Loveline?

Topic Best Episode to Introduce Someone to Classic Loveline?

Home Community General Talk About Loveline Best Episode to Introduce Someone to Classic Loveline?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dcalive
    Participant

I’m going to be taking a nice 3 hour drive to the beach with some friends today. I love Loveline, you love Loveline, what episode should I play to get them to love it too?

I was thinking about the one when Adam describes how he will become Mr. X to impress the Bachelorette. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. What has the most crowd appeal?

Thanks!

#11559 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

I actually took the Bachelorette episode and kept only the “Mr.X” parts. No boring HPV stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/de6advd2hd98dae/2005-02-10_Adam_explains_how_to_win_The_Bachelorette%26%2339%3Bs_heart.mp3

#11560 Score: 0
    unclepenny
    1 pt

Not my work but someone posted a compilation CD of clips a couple years ago to get friends into the show:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a73hcga8bu8ms6m/Loveline%20CD%20sampler%20–%20Burn%20to%20CD%20and%20pass%20it%20on%21.zip

#11561 Score: 0
    Crono91

I know too late, but 2004-02-03 Aisha Tyler was a good episode. It had some funny Adam rants for people to get used to, and an interesting guest to interact. It was a basic funny episode.

#11562 Score: 0
    codywaterman

I need an opinion from some fellow listeners who have probably been listening longer than I have about Dr. Drew in the early classic loveline era. I’m listening to a show from 1996 with the band Filter and Dr. Drew just seems annoyed and uninterested. But all my memories of the later 1999-end shows feature Dr. Drew as happy and jovial on the show. Whats up with this? was Dr. Drew a sullen asshole to begin with and then loosen up?

#11563 Score: 0
    pastahero
    5 pts

I wouldn’t say sullen, just very, very uptight. He only wanted to take calls, so going off-topic and joking around would only have made that harder to do. Over time Adam succeeded in loosening him up, even teaching him how to be funny.

#11564 Score: 0
    benz041
    Participant

I know this is super late, but came back across this gem on the comments feed and think it’s a great welcome to the show. Plenty of weirdos and good love between the hosts.

10-17-2001

#11565 Score: 0
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    1 pt

@benz041 wrote:

I know this is super late, but came back across this gem on the comments feed and think it’s a great welcome to the show. Plenty of weirdos and good love between the hosts.

10-17-2001

Absolutely agree. This is probably my favorite episode.

#11566 Score: 0
    casos92
    Participant

@lordoftheview wrote:

@benz041 wrote:

10-17-2001

Absolutely agree. This is probably my favorite episode.

Yep this is the best all around episode. Christy at 27:23 is one of the greatest calls in Loveline history. “Assume the crash position Drew”

#11567 Score: 0
    lawngnome909

I compiled it and threw it up on youtube. I didn’t see it anywhere. Just a fan new to contributing. Thank you! -Stephen

Oh, and check out my other videos please, and share if possible. I think I figured out how to land that Space X rocket on the Barge.

https://youtu.be/3PymqN7J8zU

@unclepenny wrote:

Not my work but someone posted a compilation CD of clips a couple years ago to get friends into the show:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a73hcga8bu8ms6m/Loveline%20CD%20sampler%20–%20Burn%20to%20CD%20and%20pass%20it%20on%21.zip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.